Friday, May 7, 2010

Things I'm Working On

New Year's Resolutions have never worked for me, but making lists of things I want to improve, work on, or accomplish usually ends up being more effective. This isn't comprehensive...just some things I've been thinking about or actively pursuing.

  • Cooking three meals a week mostly from scratch
  • Walking the dog every morning before work
  • Trying not to buy food during the week (limiting it to our weekend grocery trips), and only going out to eat once a week ('out' means anything from Chick-Fil-A to Chili's...but usually something like Chick-Fil-A)
  • Keeping up with the dishes and laundry
  • Reading grown-up books (I love YA literature...really love it. But sometimes I need to put those down and read something non-fiction, or at least something written for adults)
  • Pursuing my friends well
  • Opening our home, being hospitable

The good thing is, a lot of these things aren't really chores. I enjoy cooking, I enjoy getting out into the early morning air (as long as the dog doesn't bark too much and wake up all the neighbors!), and I really love having people over to our house. I think, though, that writing these things down, rather than just having them sort of happen to us by accident, will help me stick to them as habits, rather than happenstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment