Friday, May 7, 2010

Go Check Out The Button Club!

A bunch of my friends are currently working through a really cool project on their blog The Button Club. Drawing inspiration from Erin Bried's book How to Sew a Button and Other Nifty Things Your Grandmother Knew, these women are going through several tasks a month and blogging about their experiences. Even though I won't be officially participating, their great idea has piqued my interest; How to Sew a Button will probably be my next book purchase! I share their desire to learn how to do some of the things that are becoming lost arts in our generation. I imagine that Victoria Austin and Kate Murry knew how to do a lot of these things (go look at the list of tasks they're going to be working through here), and I know my mom does, too. So in my desire to try to be more like these women, I am saluting The Button Club in their efforts. Go read the first set of entries - they're hilarious, touching, and informative! It helps to know that I'm not the only person who is less domestic than I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment